Dr. Kathleen Herndon, Professor of English
Ph.D., Vanderbilt University
Office: EH 450A
Teaching and Research Interests:
Children's Literature, Young Adult Literature, Middle Eastern Women Writers, Film and Literature
Middle Eastern Women Writers, Crossing Cultures Through Film and Literature, Novels into Film, Children's Literature, Teaching with Young Adult Literature
Publications and Presentations:
- Professional Development of Teacher Educators in Higher Education: How Do We Stay Current? With Shannon Butler, International Society for Teacher Education, Kristiansand, Norway, May 14-19, 2011.
- The Importance of Unheard Voices: "Integrating Middle Eastern Literature into Pre-Service Methodology Courses." International Society for Teacher Education, Stirling. Scotland, June 23-July 1, 2007.
- "Cinderella, Ph.D." Panel Presentation Weber State University Storytelling Festival with Eric Amsel and Rosemary Conover, February 24, 2011.
- "Selecting Multicultural Literature for K-12 Students." Utah council of the International Reading Association, October, 2010.
- "Brundibar. Holocaust Commemoration, with Karen Brookens, Weber State University, April 6, 2009.
- "Muslim Communities in contemporary Europe." Honors Issues Forum, Weber State University,
- January 31, 2007.