Through the generosity of private donors and the Office of the Provost, the Honors Program offers scholarships to qualified Honors’ students. Completed applications may be returned to the Honors Center, LI 225. Applications must be submitted before fall break for spring scholarships and before spring break for fall scholarships.
Travel Scholarship Application
University and General Honors Students:
- You are a full-time student and member of the Weber State University Honors Program;
- You have earned a minimum GPA of 3.5, and have completed at least 12 credits of Honors class work at WSU. Preference will be given to Juniors and Seniors;
- You are enrolled in an Honors class at the time the application is submitted;
- You have not received an Honors Travel Scholarship within the previous two years.Travel Scholarships up to $1,000 will be awarded in this category, depending on available Honors funds.
Departmental Honors Students:
- You are a full-time student at Weber State University, have been enrolled in Departmental Honors for at least one full year, and you can show progress towards your degree with Honors;
- You have earned a minimum GPA of 3.5;
- You have not have received an Honors Travel Scholarship within the previous two years.
Travel Scholarships up to $500 will be awarded in this category, depending on available Honors funds.
Your application will be considered if you meet the following criteria:
- You are traveling with a Weber State originated course or program where you will earn academic credit for the travel out of state or abroad;
- Your travel is completed before you graduate.
The Book Scholarship offers $125 towards the cost of class textbooks.
- You have been accepted into the WSU Honors Program;
- You are registered for 12 credit hours (full time student);
- General or University Honors: You are enrolled in an Honors course at the time the Book Scholarship application is submitted;
- Departmental Honors: You are enrolled in Departmental Honors for at least one semester prior to applying for a Book Scholarship and show progress toward completion of Departmental Honors.