The 2013-2014 eWeber Scholarship Application is now open.
To be considered for all applicable scholarships at Weber State University, you will need to submit the online scholarship application. The scholarship priority deadline for Fall 2013 is January 14, 2013.
It's important to realize that tuition waivers are only equivalent to the cost of in-state tuition. Students must pay the difference between the resident and the nonresident tuition, plus all student fees.
View specific scholarship information at the appropriate site depending on it you are a freshman, transfer student or current student. However, there are specific out-of-state scholarship opportunities listed on this page.
To be eligible for scholarships, please do the following:
- Complete the application for admissions to WSU.
- Complete the scholarship application via the eWeber portal before the deadline (the earlier you apply, the more competitive you will be for the scholarship). To apply for scholarships online, log in to your student portal, click the "Student Services" tab, and then click the "Scholarship Application" link on the left side of the page.
Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship
The Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship is a new program implemented July 1, 2009 for the 2009-2010 award year that allows children of Weber State alumni who live out of state to attend WSU and pay in-state tuition. Effective July 1, 2013 for the 2013-2014 award year, grandchildren of Weber State alumni may also receive this benefit.
In order to qualify for the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Scholarship, you must:
- Be admitted as a first-time student in the Utah system of higher education (USHE); and
- Enroll at Weber State University (WSU) in an undergraduate program; and
- Have at least one parent or grandparent, who has earned an associate degree or higher degree from WSU (Verification of your parent or grandparent's degree is required).
For more information click here.
100 Mile Nonresident Partial Tuition Reduction
Nonresident students living within 100 highway miles of WSU are eligible to apply for this scholarship. It will pay one-half of the difference between resident and nonresident tuition charges.
In order to qualify, you must:
- Be admitted to WSU
- Have your legal residence within approximately 100 highway miles of WSU
- Enroll at WSU as a first-time student to the Utah System of Higher Education
For more information click here.
WeberEdge (for students planning to live on campus)
Designed to make attending school in Utah even more affordable for out-of-state students, WeberEdge is a program that offers students the opportunity to pay the equivalent of in-state tuition and fees if they commit to living in our on-campus housing. Students can begin applying for this scholarship on January 14, 2013.
To be eligible for the WeberEdge Program, you must:
- Apply to WSU before January 14, 2013
- Have a high school GPA of at least 3.0 or a 23 ACT/1070 SAT composite score. Transfer students must have a college GPA of at least 3.0
- Enroll to WSU as a first-time student to the Utah System of Higher Education
- Maintain a full-time status and a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Sign a housing lease agreement with Housing Services
- Submit eWeber Scholarship application for all U.S. citizens.
- International students may fill out an application here
Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE)
Students from the following states may apply for this program: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington and Wyoming.
This scholarship results in a reduced tuition level, and the student will pay 150 percent of the institution’s regular resident tuition.
To be eligible for this scholarship, please do the following:
- Complete the application for admission to WSU
- Complete the scholarship application via the eWeber portal before the deadline (the earlier you apply, the more competitive you will be for the scholarship).