Prospective FYE Instructors
Application Information for Instructors of "Foundations of College Success" (UNIV 1105)
Am I qualified?
- Masters Degree
- One year of Weber State University employment
- One semester "shadowing" an UNIV 1105 class OR college-level teaching experience
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum qualifications, please submit the following materials to http://jobs.weber.edu:
- Current vita
- Official transcripts from the universities where you received your degrees
- Letter of interest that explains why you are qualified to teach in FYE
- Letter of reference from the University 1105 instructor FYE assigned you to “shadow” or a teaching supervisor. The FYE Instructor should indicate the specific ways the experience has prepared you to become an FYE instructor.
For each semester that you teach in the FYE program you must
- Submit completed agreement, signed by immediate WSU supervisor in which permission is granted to teach during assigned class time
- Attend the Kick-Off and at least two FYE-approved workshops per semester
- Submit a syllabus (based on the template provided by FYE) two weeks prior to the opening of the semester
- If teaching in a cluster, meet with cluster colleagues before the end of the first week of the course
Instructors are afforded additional training opportunities that are strongly recommended. The FYE Fall and Spring Kick-offs are of particular importance.
An interview is part of the hiring process. Employment decisions are made by the FYE Hiring Committee, chaired by the coordinator. The FYE Hiring Committee consists of the current FYE coordinator, a previous FYE coordinator, the Director of the Student Success Center, and the Associate Provost for Enrollment Services.
Please address questions to First Year Experience at email@example.com or 801-626-6752.Last updated 01/12/2010