Telitha E. Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities Advising

The Telitha E. Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities is committed to helping you succeed. We strongly encourage all students to meet with one of the college's academic advisors for general education requirements. In addition, please see below for a listing of faculty advisors in your chosen major.  For more information about declaring your major, advising, and graduation visit On Track to Graduation.

General Education Requirement Advising

Senior Advisor, Debbi Murphy

Junior Advisor, Janneca McClellan

Elizabeth Hall, room 437

Phone: 801-626-6631

Book appointment today at: 

English Graduation Requirements

To declare your major/minor/certificate, help with class scheduling, and graduation sign offs, please contact our offices at 801.626.6251 or


Dr. Sian Griffiths

Creative Writing

Dr. Shelley Thomas

Professional & Tech Writing
Emphasis, Minor and Certificate

Dr. John Schwiebert


Book an appointment today at:

Dr. Gary Dohrer

English Teaching

English Teaching majors should seek advisement before taking any upper-division English courses. English Teaching Methodology Block must be scheduled in coordination with both Secondary Teacher Education and Student Teaching.

Department of English News and Events 

Contact Us

Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.




Weber State University
Elizabeth Hall
Room 413

Mailing Address
Lindquist College
of Arts & Humanities
English Department
Weber State University
1395 Edvalson
Dept 1404
Ogden, Utah 84408-1404

Facebook Twitter YouTube GoodReads Book Club