The Utah Campus Compact (UCC) is an organization that promotes service among college students; its membership consists of the thirteen institutions of higher education in the state of Utah. Annually, the UCC recognizes the work of outstanding Utah faculty, staff, students, and community partners. Each of the UCC's member campuses selects recipients in the four award categories listed below. These recipients are presented with an award from the Utah Campus Compact at the Statewide Recognition Event in April and celebrated again at the Annual Community Involvement Recognition Event at the end of spring semester.
Nominations Due January 25, 2013.
View the flyer for the call for nominations.
Civically Engaged Scholar
This award recognizes an individual who teaches with:
- Experience in using service-learning as a successful pedagogy
- Innovation in employing reflective strategies to connect students' service with academics
- Evidence of academic civic engagement through teaching, community-based research, or promotion of service-learning on campus or in his/her discipline
Civically Engaged Staff Member
This award recognizes a staff member who:
- Shows leadership in advancing community engagement as a critical component within his/her higher education institution
- Forms innovative campus and community partnerships
- Influences students to be involved in community service and/or service-learning
Civically Engaged Student
This award recognizes a student who:
- Demonstrates commitment to building or enhancing campus-based efforts to address community needs
- Leads, inspires, and engages other students, members of the institution, or community
- Demonstrates efforts to sustain his/her work through developing strategies for institutional and community commitment
Committed Community Partner
This award recognizes an individual or organization who:
- Strengthens community involvement at WSU
- Provides meaningful service and learning opportunities for students
- Enhances his/her agency's mission/programs/goals by partnering with WSU
Community Engaged Alumnus
This award recognizes an individual who:
- Articulates how his/her community engagement addresses the community need in a sustainable way.
- Indicates link of current community engagement to his/her experience(s) as a WSU student.
- Exhibits long-term commitment to community impact and service area of interest.
- Stuart Call
- Jesse Cleveland
- Leah Murray
- Adrienne Gillespie
- Lynn Kelley
- Brenda Kowalewski
- Kathryn Lindquist
- Mike Moon (Chair)
- Larry Stein
- Jenny Frame
- Lisa Trujillo
- Marcie Valdez
- Melinda Taggart