Communication Teaching Concentrations
The Department of Communication offers a Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA) or Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) in Communication Teaching. You may choose one of the following two concentrations: Communication Studies and Journalism.
- Communication Studies (Speech): You should choose this concentration if you plan to teach/coach human communication courses in high schools such as speech, debate, interpersonal and small group communication, etc.
- Journalism: This concentration prepares you to teach journalism and advise high school newspaper and yearbook staffs.
- Advising Sheet
- Communication Teaching Minor program requirements (WSU Catalog)
- Course Descriptions (pdf)
- Four-Year Course Projections (pdf)
How To Declare Your Major
- Complete the Communication Department Program of Study Declaration Form (pdf).
- Meet with your adviser and have them sign your declaration sheet
- Return the form to the Communication Department in Elizabeth Hall, room 330.