Associate of Applied Science, Sales and Merchandising
Grade Requirements: An overall GPA of 2.00 or "C."
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 63 credit hours is required.
- Assessment Requirements: Students will be required to complete certain assessment instruments as part of the overall requirements for receiving their associate's degree. Please see your advisor or your department for specific information regarding assessment.
All Sales and Merchandising students are required to meet with a faculty advisor at least annually for course and program advisement. Call 801-626-6913 for more information or to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List.)
Declare your program of study. There are no special admission or application requirements for this program.
Refer to General Requirements for Associate of Applied Science requirements. Engl EN1010 and Comm HU1050 are required. Computer Literacy as defined in this catalog is also required for the A.A.S. degree.
Course Requirements for AAS Degree
Courses Required (14 credit hours)
- PS 1143 Fundamental Selling Techniques (3)
- PS 1303 Distribution Principles (3)
- PS 2603 Advanced Selling Techniques (2)
- PS 2899 Associate Degree Assessment (0)
- PS 3203 Customer Service Techniques (3)
- PS 3563 Principles of Supervision (3)
Support Courses (21 credit hours)
- PS 1401 Intro to Sales/Service Tech (1)
- PS 1503 Intro to Fashion Merchandising (3)
- PS 1890 Cooperative Work Experience (3)
- PS 2182 Credit & Collection Methods (2)
- PS 2383 Retail Merchandising & Buying Methods (3)
- PS 2443 Advertising Methods (3)
- IDT 2010 Textiles (3)
- IDT 2020 Computer-aided Design (3)
- Students may select additional courses to complete the minimum 63 credit hour requirement with the counsel of their program advisor.