Deans Council Minutes (2001-2002)
Present: Bruce Bowen, Dave Eisler, Ron Galli, Warren Hill, Joan Hubbard, Monica Mize, June Phillips, Richard Sadler, Dolly Samson (attended for Michael Vaughan), Gene Sessions, Lydia Wingate
Program Review Followup: A copy of the memorandum explaining the program review process and the attached materials that were sent to the Board of Trustees was distributed. Feedback was solicited on the first review process. Please email the Provost with any thoughts that you might have that would be helpful in strengthening the process.
Technology Classrooms: Last year deans were asked to identify technology classrooms. There is $75K of match funds to upgrade, improve, and redo existing technology classrooms. For those colleges interested in this funding, please submit a request to the provost.
Teaching Learning Technology Support: The Provost would like to develop a virtual space for technology assistance. It is difficult for faculty and staff to know where to go for the help they need. Deans were asked to email the Provost with a list of faculty/staff from their colleges that folks go to for technology help and to list their areas of expertise.
- The west, front entrance walkway of the Stewart Library is sinking. Barricades have been put in place to block the area off.
- Davis Campus design is on schedule. Progress is accessible at http://weber.edu/daviscampus.xml. Jacobson Construction and MHTN Architects will be working on the buildings.
- Faculty/Staff Campaign is moving forward with great success.
- All were invited to attend the Ritchey Natural Science Lecture Series this Friday evening at 7:30 p.m. in the Lind Lecture Hall. Dr. Scott R. Woodward will be presenting "Molecular Genealogy: using the power of modern DNA to reconstruct your past."
- The potential meeting scheduled for November 28th has been cancelled. Please plan on meeting again the first week in December.
Meeting adjourned 3:36 p.m.